Statement of Principles
Oxford College of Emory University
Department of Athletics & Recreation
The Oxford College of Emory University Department of Athletics and Recreation, as part of an inquiry-driven, ethically engaged, and diverse” university dedicated to “positive transformation in the world through courageous leadership,” is committed to forming and developing students who demonstrate the highest qualities of character both on and off the field.
The Department of Athletics and Recreation does this through teaching, coaching, and modeling the values and practices of:
- Commitment to each other and to the highest ideals of sport and society;
- Honesty and integrity, abiding by our obligations, our word, and the rules and laws to which we are bound;
- Accountability to self, team, society, and the greater good;
- Respect for self and others;
- Awareness of each other’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as the environments in which we work;
- Caring for each other, lifting each other up, and assisting one another in improving our performance and ourselves;
- Transparency in our decision-making and undertakings;
- Excellence as a goal for which we continuously strive;
- Responsibility for ourselves and our community.